181110_rmw_uga_auburn_pregame_00096.jpg

Photos taken before the University of Georgia football against Auburn on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

Between the 20-yard lines, Georgia’s offense once again looks great. The Bulldogs amassed 266 total yards in the half, including nearly 100 on the ground.

But it’s still a struggle in the red zone, as Georgia was twice forced to settle for field goals in goal-to-go situations. However, the Bulldogs did break through late with a 14-yard touchdown pass from Jake Fromm to Tyler Simmons and a 37-yard scoring strike to Terry Godwin to take the 20-10 lead to halftime.

On defense, Auburn’s offense that has struggled most of the year had some success. The Tigers stretched out the Georgia defense with screens and quick passes to the outside, and Jarrett Stidham completed 12-17 passes for 108 yards.

Auburn did find the end zone once, but a second touchdown was denied on a pass breakup by freshman Eric Stokes. That turned the game, as a potential 14-6 Auburn lead became a 20-10 deficit by the half.

The second half figures to be strength on strength, as Georgia will look to run the ball against Auburn’s stout defensive front. The Tigers will need to contain the Bulldog ground game and make some plays on offense if they have any hope of a comeback.