180922_crm_mizzou_firsthalf_001.jpg

Georgia football head coach Kirby Smart talks to team during the first half of the Mizzou football game at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Missouri on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018. The Georgia football team played against Mizzou for their fourth game of the season. (Photo/Christina Matacotta)

COLUMBIA, Mo. — Georgia’s 40-29 win over Missouri on Saturday didn’t end without a handful of injuries to the Bulldogs. Smart said the team came into the matchup with several players already dealing with injuries, and during the game, there were some added injuries to the list.

In head coach Kirby Smart’s press conference after Georgia’s second SEC win of the season, Smart provided updates about Tyler Simmons, Andrew Thomas and other injured players.

Tyler Simmons

Simmons started at wide receiver for Georgia in today’s matchup. He caught one pass from sophomore quarterback Jake Fromm for seven yards in the first quarter. After that completed pass, he did not play in the remainder of the game.

Smart said he believes Simmons suffered from a shoulder injury.

“Tyler Simmons is injured for 2-3 weeks, I’m not sure,” Smart said.

Andrew Thomas

Left tackle Andrew Thomas suffered an ankle sprain in the game against South Carolina on Sept. 8. He was seen dressed at practice during the week leading up to Missouri, but he was not participating in drills.

Smart said Thomas tried to play, as he started at left tackle against Missouri. He was not able to for the entirety of the game, and freshman Cade Mays came in at left tackle to take over Thomas’ position.

Monty Rice

Smart said Monty Rice is dealing with a MCL injury that has been bothering since the matchup against Middle Tennessee on Sept. 15. While he practiced this week leading up to the game against Missouri, he was limited in his abilities.

“Didn’t think he could move around and play in the space like he needed to,” Smart said. “So he wasn’t able to go. He wanted to go, he tried to go.”

Tyson Campbell

Defensive back Tyson Campbell started on Georgia’s defense on Saturday. Campbell forced a fumble against Missouri and recovered the ball for a 64-yard touchdown, putting Georgia on the scoreboard with its first defensive touchdown of the day. Smart said Campbell was dealing with a stomach bug and was throwing up.

“He got dehydrated so we had to IV, and he could’ve gone back in,” Smart said. “He did go back in, he played with [Deandre Baker]. He’s fine.”

Ben Cleveland

Offensive lineman Ben Cleveland went down on the field in the third quarter, and walked off the field with assistance from the trainers. Smart classified Cleveland’s injury as a lower extremity injury.