180929_ajw_UGAvsUT_2ndhalf_0007.jpg

Kirby Smart, head coach of the University of Georgia football team, screams to the offense during the 2nd half of a game between the University of Tennessee and the University of Georgia at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018. The Georgia Bulldogs defeated the Tennessee Volunteers for their fifth win of the 2018 season by a score of 38-12.

Here's a sampling of what Georgia and Kentucky coaches and players had to say after the Bulldogs defeated the Wildcats 34-17 to clinch the SEC East title. 

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart on winning the SEC East 

It hasn’t been easy, and it’s never easy. Sometimes I think people get spoiled when you win and these are good programs and teams. I give our kids a lot of credit because their backs were against the wall two weeks in a row, and they came out fighting, scratching and crawling.

Georgia defensive lineman Jonathan Ledbetter 

I mean I feel like I’m a winner. I’m on fire inside right now. I’m ready to go back to my team and congratulate everyone that worked hard and you know everyone played their heart out today.

Georgia linebacker Monty Rice 

It was big to slow [Kentucky running back Benny Snell] down and not let him get those big runs that he’s used to. I watched a lot of tape and he ripped off some big teams and falling forward for two extra yards and getting five yards a carry—it was nice to slow him down.”

Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops on Georgia's run game

You've got to give them credit. You've heard me talk for many times and they are sitting there, if they rush for 300-yards plus, you're not going to win very games. Obviously we have to get back and fundamentally get better. I thought they moved us. They made us miss.

Kentucky safety Davonte Robinson 

[Georgia] came out, they wanted it more. They played hard and hungry. You know, we have to keep getting better and move on to Tennessee. Can’t turn one loss into two.