181117_rmw_uga_umass_1st_00070.jpg

University of Georgia wide receiver Isaac Nauta (18) runs during the first half of a game between the University of Georgia and the University of Massachusetts in Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

Following a 66-27 win over Massachusetts Saturday, The Red & Black graded Georgia's position groups. 

Quarterbacks 

Hello, Justin Fields. The freshman quarterback saw the most involvement he has all season Saturday. Fields threw for 121 yards and two touchdowns, while leading the team in rushing yards with 100. Oh, he also scored a rushing touchdown. Starter Jake Fromm was sharp as well, going a perfect 5-for-5 for 106 yards and a touchdown. — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: A+

Running backs 

181117_rmw_uga_umass_1st_00159.jpg

University of Georgia running back Elijah Holyfield (13) runs for a touchdown during the first half of a game between the University of Georgia and the University of Massachusetts in Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

The competition wasn’t the same, but it was another outstanding rushing day for the Georgia running backs. The Bulldogs racked up 429 rushing yards, and all four backs picked up at least 45 yards. The lesser-used backs also chipped in with Brian Herrien scoring a touchdown and James Cook contributing two touchdowns. — Jed May 

Grade: A

Receivers 

Georgia continues to display its depth at receiver. Three receivers caught touchdown passes, and Tyler Simmons flashed potential with two long catches. On a day when the Bulldogs did not need to throw the ball often, the receivers compensated by reeling in multiple long passes. — Alex Soderstrom

Grade: A

Offensive line

On a day when the Bulldogs rushed for 429 yards, it's difficult to find much to complain about regarding the offensive line. Trey Hill started at right guard, and the unit didn't seem to miss a beat. — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: A

Front seven 

181117_rmw_uga_umass_1st_00015.jpg

University of Georgia linebacker D’Andre Walker (15) makes a move on a UMass defender during the first half of a game between the University of Georgia and the University of Massachusetts in Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

The Minutemen entered the game with a pass-heavy offense, and their run game never posed much of a threat Saturday. The Bulldogs limited running backs Marquis Young and Jordan Fredericks and continued their recent stretch of dominant play against the run. — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: A 

Secondary 

The Georgia secondary gave up a large quantity of catches to college football’s leading receiver Andy Isabella. But the Bulldogs did well to limit completions to short gains, tackled well and made the UMass passing attack inefficient early on. Cornerback Eric Stokes looked good opposite Deandre Baker. The Bulldogs did allow big plays late, including two deep touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. — Collin Huguley 

Grade: C

Special teams

The muffed punt return by Terry Godwin was a critical error. It allowed UMass to score a touchdown and stay in the game in the first quarter. Against a higher level opponent, that mistake could be a difference-maker. Otherwise, Georgia was sharp in the kicking and return game. — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: B-