181110_rmw_uga_auburn_firsthalf_00061.jpg

D'Andre Swift, a sophomore running back, runs the ball during the University of Georgia vs. Auburn University football game on Saturday, November 10, 2018, at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. The Bulldogs led the Tigers 20-10 at the half. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

Following Georgia's win over Auburn Saturday, The Red & Black football editors and writers graded each position group. 

Quarterbacks 

Jake Fromm had another good outing against Auburn, going 13 of 20 for 193 yards. Fromm threw one interception in the third quarter but also threw two touchdowns and was relatively accurate, with a 65 completion percentage. Justin Fields got into the game a few times and finally got the opportunity to pass for the first time since Georgia's win over Vanderbilt on Oct. 6. Fields completed both of his passes for 20 yards. — Janey Murray

Grade: A

Running backs 

For the third straight game, Georgia’s running backs controlled the flow of the game on offense. Sophomore D’Andre Swift went over 100 yards for the third game in a row with 186 yards and a touchdown. Junior Elijah Holyfield was a competent counterpart, running for 93 yards on 15 carries. Auburn wasn’t able to slow down the running game resulting in large part of the victory for the Bulldogs. — Michael Hebert 

Grade: A

Receivers 

Georgia’s receivers were destined to play a major role in the game with the run-stopping talent Auburn boasts on its defensive line, and they stepped up to the challenge early. Tyler Simmons hauled in the Bulldogs’ first touchdown to take an early lead before Terry Godwin added another with his 38-yard score just before the half. While Georgia’s running game became more of a focus late, it was the receivers that initially got the Bulldogs going. — Tommy Boyd

Grade: A+

Offensive line 

The offensive line paved the way for another excellent rushing performance by the Bulldogs. Even with injuries along the line entering the game, and Lamont Gaillard leaving with injury in the second half, the offensive line performed well. The Georgia offensive looked sloppy periodically, and false start penalties from the offensive line contributed to that. — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: A-

Front seven 

Since Georgia's loss to LSU on Oct. 13, the defensive front has shown improvement every week. The Bulldog run defense made Auburn's offense one-dimensional. The Tigers were barely able to eclipse 100 yards rushing, putting up 102, thanks to the effort of the front seven.  — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: A

Secondary 

Another game, another strong performance from Georgia’s secondary. The Bulldogs were able to slow down Jarrett Stidham as the Auburn quarterback averaged under 5 yards per pass attempt for much of the day, illustrating how strong the coverage was downfield. Stidham was also held without a passing touchdowns for three and a half quarters. The only mistake from the Bulldog secondary came off a trick play where Auburn running back JaTarvious “Boobee” Whitlow threw a touchdown early in the game. All in all, it was a strong effort for the position group. — John Durham 

Grade: A-

Special teams 

Rodrigo Blankenship was once again perfect on field goals, and Mecole Hardman proved he is still one of the most dangerous return men in the SEC when he reeled off a 41-yard kick return. Jake Camarda's punting wasn't flashy, but Georgia's special teams were effective and largely mistake free. — Alex Soderstrom

Grade: A-