181103_ajw_uga_uk_first_half_0012.jpg

Devonte Wyatt, a sophomore defensive lineman, celebrates after a fumble recovery during the University of Georgia vs. University of Kentucky football game on Saturday, November 3, 2018 at Kroger Stadium in Lexington, Kentucky. The Bulldogs led the Wildcats 14-3 at the end of the first half. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Following No. 6 Georgia's 34-17 win over No. 9 Kentucky Saturday, The Red & Black graded each position group. 

Quarterbacks 

The running backs carried Georgia's offense Saturday, but Jake Fromm looked as polished as ever. The sophomore went 14-for-20 for 113 yards and a touchdown. Freshman Justin Fields saw the field on a few plays, rushing six times for 26 yards, but he didn't attempt a pass. — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: A-

Running backs 

Georgia’s running backs were excellent on Saturday, running for a total of 278 yards. A major part of that was sophomore D’Andre Swift, who reeled off two touchdowns to put the game away for the Bulldogs. Junior Elijah Holyfield was a  factor as well,thanks to big runs in between the tackles to sustain long drives to keep Georgia’s offense on the field. — Michael Hebert 

Grade: A

Receivers

It was another balanced performance from Georgia's receiving corps on a day where the run game led the way. No player had more than 40 yards receiver, but all of Georgia's receivers and tight ends were involved in run blocking. — Alex Soderstrom 

Grade: B

Offensive line

Georgia’s offensive line opened up a numerous holes for the running backs, and the players up front gave sophomore quarterback Jake Fromm enough time to pass. Senior center Lamont Gaillard left the game early with an injury, along with freshman guard Cade Mays, who left in the fourth quarter. Despite the injuries, Georgia’s offensive line was a major factor in the victory. — Michael Hebert

Grade: A

Front seven

Benny Snell led the SEC in rushing yards entering the game, but Georgia's front seven made Snell look average. The Kentucky running back was limited to 73 rushing yards and a touchdown. After turning in bad and mediocre performances in run defense the last two weeks, the defensive front showed improvement Saturday. — Alex Soderstrom  

Grade: A

Secondary 

Kentucky is not known for having a strong passing attack. That stayed true in this game as the Bulldog secondary held the Wildcats passing game in check for the most part. Kentucky quarterback Terry Wilson made a few nice throws and even had a passing touchdown, but they were mostly short passes that did little damage overall. While the Bulldog secondary didn’t record an interception, it was still a good day for the unit. — John Durham 

Grade: B-

Special teams 

Mecole Hardman's 65-yard kick return in the first quarter set up a Georgia touchdown and ignited a quick offensive start for the Bulldogs. Hardman and Brian Herrien each had kick returns over 20 yards and Rodrigo Blankenship hit both his field goal attempts in a solid day for special teams. — Alex Soderstrom

Grade: A