180922_crm_mizzou_firsthalf_002.jpg

Georgia inside linebacker Tae Crowder (30) celebrates after an interception during a football game at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Missouri on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018. The Georgia football team played against Mizzou for their fourth game of the season. (Photo/Christina Matacotta)

After Georgia defeated Missouri Saturday, The Red & Black's football beat writers and editors graded the performances of the team's position groups.

Secondary

The Georgia secondary did a good job of containing Missouri quarterback Drew Lock and the Tigers' daunting passing attack. Deandre Baker locked up Emanuel Hall and the other defensive backs displayed strong tackling to hold Lock's completions to short gains. Redshirt freshman Eric Stokes had a breakout performance with three first-half pass breakups and a blocked punt, which he returned for a touchdown. Freshman Tyson Campbell also scored a touchdown on a fumble return. — Collin Huguley

Grade: A-

Front Seven

It was up and down game for Georgia’s front seven. Missouri was able to run the ball with ease at a few moments in the first half, but the pass rush improved in a big way, thanks in large part to the play of senior outside linebacker D’Andre Walker, who finished with four tackles, two sacks and two forced fumbles. Missouri showed flashes of the run game again in the third and fourth quarters, and the quick passes from senior quarterback Drew Lock helped the Tigers escape some of the rush. Overall, the running game for Missouri further exposed some holes in the Bulldogs’ defensive line and linebacker corps. — Michael Hebert

Grade: C

Running backs

It wasn’t a jaw-dropping day for the Georgia run game but the Bulldog backs didn’t do anything wrong either. D’Andre Swift and Elijah Holyfield protected the football, ran for tough yards and didn’t turn the ball over. Though the box score didn’t show any eye popping numbers or rushing touchdowns, the Bulldogs didn’t need it in a game where the defense scored and Jake Fromm moved the ball effectively through the air in the second half. — John Durham

Grade: B-

Offensive line

Georgia’s offensive line didn’t assert itself like in previous games this season. The results showed as the run game was not its typical dominant self. Still, the offensive line didn’t do anything to hurt Georgia’s offense. — Alex Soderstrom

Grade: B

Receivers

Georgia’s offense may have started slow, but by the end of Saturday’s game, the passing game took off. Three Bulldog receivers scored touchdowns as the passing game more than kept up with Drew Lock. Jeremiah Holloman nearly had a celebration fumble at the goal line, but that mistake doesn’t take away from the overall performance. — Alex Soderstrom

Grade: A

Special teams

Georgia’s special teams produced one of the biggest plays of Saturday’s game, as redshirt freshman Eric Stokes blocked a punt and then ran it into the end zone to put Georgia up 20-7 in the second quarter. Junior Mecole Hardman also gave the Bulldogs a weapon in the return game, averaging just over 30 yards on three kickoff returns and adding a 23-yard punt return. However, a blocked field goal with 6:08 remaining kept the score at 40-29, but Blankenship made up for it with a field goal to put the Bulldogs up by three more with 3:17 remaining. — Jed May

Grade: B+

Quarterbacks

Like the rest of the Georgia team, Jake Fromm didn’t have his best in the first half. But when he was called upon to make plays in the second half, Fromm delivered. He threw three touchdowns of over 30 yards in the second half, allowing the Georgia offense to keep pace with Missouri in what turned out to be a high-scoring affair. — Jed May

Grade: A-