180929_ajw_UGAvsUT_2ndhalf_0011.jpg

University of Georgia quarterback Justin Fields (1) dives into the endzone for a touchdown during the 2nd half of a game between the University of Tennessee and the University of Georgia at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018. The Georgia Bulldogs defeated the Tennessee Volunteers for their fifth win of the 2018 season by a score of 38-12. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Every Sunday after a Georgia football game, The Red & Black will examine a key play from Saturday’s game. This week, we take a look at Justin Fields’ 15-yard touchdown run late in the fourth quarter.

The game details

Georgia led Tennessee 31-12 with 2:42 remaining in the fourth quarter.

The setup

Georgia got its running game going late in the fourth quarter, and freshman quarterback Justin Fields was a big part of that. Fields finished with five carries for 46 yards and two touchdown. A commitment to the run had the Bulldogs looking for a score to end the game.

This was set up by the Bulldogs' defense, as senior linebacker Juwan Taylor recovered a fumble and Georgia was in position to cruise to victory.

The play

Fields took the snap, faked a handoff to freshman running back James Cook, and with some nice interior blocking, was able to bounce the ball outside and find a seam through the right side of the defense. He was able to break some tackles and dive into the end zone for a 15-yard touchdown, his second of the game.

The touchdown and extra point put Georgia up 38-12, sealing the victory over Tennessee and further proving that Fields can be a weapon in the running game.

What they said

“I think Justin provided a spark that was needed at times,” head coach Kirby Smart said after the game. “He’s a very diligent worker, and he’s coming in to learn things and pick them up.