Walking distance from campus, Five Points is popular for its restaurants and boutiques. The namesake intersection combines S. Milledge Avenue and S. Lumpkin Street with smaller streets lined by historic homes.
- The Expat — French bistro fare and stellar cocktails shine.
- Donna Chang’s — Upgraded spins on Chinese takeout classics.
- Cali N Tito’s — Central American menu and a BYOB policy make this popular with students.
- El Barrio — Gourmet tacos priced below $4 and an expansive outdoor patio.
- ADD Drug — Revel in nostalgia at this lunch counter.
Indulge a little
Arrive early at Independent Baking Co. for fresh-from-the-oven French breads and pastries, or spend an afternoon sipping coffee on the patio of Condor Chocolates, which offers Fair Trade truffles and bar chocolate as well as gelato and baked goods.
The Pine Bar and The Root, one upstairs and the other downstairs, are sibling spots that feature small plates and lots of wine.
See the bears
Memorial Park on Gran Ellen Drive houses trails, a dog park, swimming pool and community center. Its key attraction is Bear Hollow Zoo.