Athentic

Athentic is offering limited curbside pickup.

Akademia Brewing Company

In addition to original beers and guest brews, Akademia also serves wine and cocktails and offers lunch and dinner at its spacious Atlanta Highway location. The brewpub has expanded its patio for additional seating and often holds events in its main taproom. 

Athentic Brewing Company 

This newest addition to the beer scene, Athentic is located in Normaltown off Prince Avenue. Patrons can enjoy a variety of beers, including fruit-filled saisons and a Japanese-inspired rice lager, in spacious indoor and often holds events in its main taproom. 

Creature Comforts Brewing Co.

Displayed through the windows of an old tire factory is the Creature Comforts downtown tasting room, where patrons can get year-round favorites such as Athens or Bibo or try special edition brews. The brewery also sells 4- and 6-packs to go, and patrons can sit outside in the brewery’s expanded, covered patio area. 

Normaltown Brewing Co.

Specializing in small-batch, $6-a-pint New England-style brews, the brewery offers a constantly changing selection of beer on tap. The small brewery,  located in the historic Chase Street Warehouses, is the fifth to open in Athens and was the first in the Normaltown neighborhood.

Terrapin Beer Co.

Since its 2002 founding, Terrapin has become Athens’ most widely distributed beer. Popular brews include Hopsecutioner and Luau Krunkles, but visitors can sample more unusual creations, such as hemp-infused sours and chocolate milk stouts.

The Southern Brewing Company

At its Highway 29 spot just outside the loop, patrons can try staple and seasonal brews in a huge indoor and outdoor space, such as Hobnail, a popular IPA, and the Red and Black sour. 

This article originally was published in The Red & Black's fall 2021 Visitors Guide special publication.