Sambazon

Acai bowls in Tate Center (Photo/Caitlin Jett)

Food Courts

For commuting students and visitors alike, these centrally located food courts offer quick meals and ample seating.

Bulldog Cafe

In the main level of the original Tate building, this food court includes mall standards Chick-fil-A and Panda Express as well as UGA’s own Niche Pizza. The newest addition is Sambazon, which serves organic açai bowls topped with granola, fresh fruit and other ingredients.

Tate Cafe 

Located in the main level of the Tate addition, this court includes Athens-based chain Barberitos, Bulldog Burger and the Market at Tate, which serves sandwiches, wraps, salads, sushi and Jittery Joe’s coffee.

Red Clay Cafe

This food court includes a trio of shops: Sweet Java Brown’s, which serves coffee and sweets; East Side Deli, which offers sandwiches and salads; and Sushi with Gusto, which offers a variety of sushi rolls.

Grab and Go

Sprinkled throughout campus, these retail spots offer an easy way to pick up a meal. Most carry sandwiches, snacks, salads and bottled drinks.

Au Bon Pain — Amos Hall

Bone Appetit — Aderhold Hall

Champions Cafe — UGA Golf Course

Coffee & Bagels — UGA Main Library and the Science Learning Center

Dawg Bites — Biological Sciences

Dawg Pause — Russell Hall

East Side Deli — Joe Frank Harris

Starbucks — Tate Student Center

The Station — Veterinary Teaching Hospital

Jittery Joe’s Coffee — Full-service coffee drinks from the Athens-based roaster are served at Miller Learning Center, Science Library, Baldwin Hall, Law Library and the Center for Molecular Medicine.

Georgia Center

The centrally located University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education and Hotel complex operates four spots:

The Savannah Room — Relaxed yet elegant restaurant

The Savannah Room Bar — Cocktails, craft beer and bar snacks

The Courtyard Cafe — Breakfast, entrees, and salads, all served cafeteria-style

Georgia Java — Coffee and baked goods

The UGA Creamery

The Creamery has operated from the Environmental Health Science Building since 1941, and serves soups, salads, sandwiches and ice cream. The latter, alas, no longer is made on site as it was when the Creamery processed milk from the UGA dairy herd.

Dining Halls

Want a student experience? Eat at a dining hall. All take cash, debit and credit cards.

Bolton Dining Commons

This colossal dining hall is located near most freshman dorms and the central Tate Center area and boasts a dozen serving stations featuring made-to-order dishes, including burgers, pasta and all-day breakfast. The “special selections” line offers foods free of major allergens and gluten.

Oglethorpe Dining Commons

Known for customized skillets, this dining hall also includes a full-service coffee shop and O’Hacienda, a station for customized burritos and Tex-Mex.

Snelling Dining Commons 

A rite of passage is to “Snellebrate” finals season at this dining hall with a midnight breakfast buffet. It includes a pizza bar, and is open 24 hours on certain days.

Village Summit 

Close to residence halls occupied by athletes, this dining hall is known for its vitamin-loaded smoothies and made-to-order omelets.

Food Truck

UGA’s Taqueria 1785 food truck serves fresh tacos, quesadillas and more. The truck appears at special events and campus pop-ups announced on Twittertaqueria1785.

This article originally appeared in the spring 2019 Visitors Guide