Hotels Hyatt

Courtesy Hyatt Place

Georgia Gameday Center

Can’t get enough red and black? Rent a condo in this fan friendly complex in the heart of Athens. gagamedaycenter.com

Graduate Athens

This property that once housed an iron foundry was renovated in 2014, and its rooms have a fun throwback vibe. The on-site spa makes for an extra relaxing stay — or you can chill with a show at The Foundry. graduateathens.com

Hilton Garden Inn — Athens Downtown

With a mix of generously sized rooms and suites and a 24/7 business center, this upscale hotel in the heart of downtown is a good destination for a longer stay or an extended business trip. hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com

Holiday Inn — University Area

Location, location, location. Situated on Broad Street and steps from North Campus, this hotel offers easy access to the university and downtown, along with amenities like a pool, fitness facility and business center. ihg.com

Hotel Indigo

The minimalism of this modern, eco-friendly hotel is offset by local band posters and furnishings made from reclaimed wood. Minutes from campus, the Indigo houses a concert venue and gallery. Its restaurant and room service feature local vendors. indigoathens.com

Hyatt Place Athens/Downtown

This 190-room hotel on North Thomas Street features 24/7 fitness and business centers as well as perks like free Wi-Fi and breakfast. It’s a short walk from campus and near the Classic Center. athensdowntown.place.hyatt.com

SpringHill Suites by Marriott —– Athens Downtown

Opened last July, this hotel on South Hull Street puts guests in close proximity to both downtown and North Campus. It has a variety of guest rooms and suites. marriott.com

University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel

If you want to be in the heart of campus, there’s no better spot than this UGA-operated complex that includes a 200-room hotel. The on-site restaurants are handy and reasonably priced. hotel.uga.edu

This article originally appeared in the spring 2019 Visitors Guide