Lori Paluck

Lori Paluck (Photo/Katie Kim)

The owner of Dynamite Vintage Clothing, Paluck has called Athens home for over a quarter century.

How has Athens evolved over the years?

Downtown Athens has had the biggest change I’ve noticed, with tons of new businesses filling in the store fronts. I realized things were changing the most when corporate businesses started arriving in our small downtown. But when you live in an amazing town, everyone wants to be here!

Do you have any favorite “hidden gem” in Athens or on campus?

My favorite hidden gem on campus is Hugh Hodgson Concert Hall at the Performing Arts Center. It’s a stunning venue with incredible shows. There’s not a bad seat in the house. My other is Marvin’s Shoe Service on College Avenue. It’s a true homegrown Athens business.

What is your favorite Classic City music memory?

I have seen tons of concerts in Athens over the past 25 years. Many of my favorite shows have been on outdoor stages during AthFest. I also love seeing local bands at the unique venues here. Iggy Pop at the 40 Watt Club in 2001 is the most memorable.

This article originally appeared in the spring 2019 Visitors Guide