Campus Parking

A handicapped access sign outside of Clark Howell Hall (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Parking

Visitors may park in any pay lot or pay deck. All parking pay facilities accept credit cards. Designated visitor lots:

North Campus Deck

South Campus Deck

Tate Center Deck

East Campus Deck

Performing Arts Center Deck

Carlton Street Deck

The visitor parking areas can be found on the campus map, pages 24-25.

Football and Special Events

During special events, particularly football Saturdays, resident students, staff and faculty can park only in certain areas starting Friday night through the end of the game.

Campus Bus

The UGA bus system can be efficient and saves you the time and expense of hunting for parking. You can download an app with routes. transit.uga.edu

Athens-Clarke County Transit

Athens has one of the highest ridership rates in the country, and buses take you all over town. It’s free to ride Athens transit for students, faculty and staff with UGA IDs. Children under age 17 also ride free. athenstransit.com

Parking in Athens

Downtown parking can be problematic. If you stay at a downtown hotel, the best bet is to keep your car in the hotel parking lot and walk. Metered parking is $1.25 an hour with a two-hour maximum. After 6:00 p.m., you may purchase additional time. If you do park downtown, consider the city-operated decks on College Avenue, a couple blocks from the Arch, and Washington Street, close to restaurants and music venues. You can leave your car there and not worry about running out to feed a meter. Plus, the first 30 minutes are free. Good to Know: Most street parking is free on Sundays in Athens.

This article originally appeared in the spring 2019 Visitors Guide