Parking on Campus

Visitors may park in any pay lot or pay deck. All parking pay facilities accept credit cards. Designated visitor lots:

• North Campus Deck
  • South Campus Deck
  • Tate Center Deck
  • East Campus Deck
  • Performing Arts Center Deck
  • Carlton Street Deck

The hourly rates for the above lots are: 

•  0-30 minutes: $1
  • 31-60 minutes: $3
  • 61-120 minutes: $5
  • Each additional hour: $1
  • Maximum daily fee: $10

However, exceptions to these rates do exist for special events. The parking rates at these decks are $20 for every home game and $5 for any other campus event.  

Campus Bus

Note that in fall 2020 capacity on buses is limited and face coverings are required.

The UGA bus system can be efficient and saves you the time and expense of hunting for parking. You can download an app with routes.

Details: transit.uga.edu

Athens-Clarke County Transit

Athens bus service operates throughout the county and is fare free through at least June 2022. Trip planning is available online and through the myStop app. Buses run seven days a week but not on major holidays.

Details: athenstransit.com

UGA Campus Map Visitors Guide 2021

Parking in Athens

Downtown parking can be problematic. If you stay at a downtown hotel, the best bet could be to keep your car in the hotel parking lot and walk.

Metered parking is $1.25 an hour with a two-hour maximum. After 6:00 p.m., you may purchase additional time. Meters are not monitored after 10 p.m.

If you do park downtown, an easy option is the city-operated decks on College Avenue, a few blocks from the Arch, and on West Washington Street, closer to restaurants and music venues. You can leave your car there and not worry about running out to feed a meter. Parking in these decks is just $1 an hour. Plus, the first 30 minutes are free. 

The downtown area now also has several ParkMobile spots and lots which can be reserved and paid for via the ParkMobile app.

This article originally appeared in the fall 2021 Visitors Guide produced by The Red & Black special publications team.