Athens Anti Discrimination Movement (AADM) holds a silent protest at the Athens confederate monument on E Broad Street on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 in Athens, Georgia. The purpose of the silent protest was to continue to draw attention to the Black Lives Matter movement and the list of AADM’s demands which have still not been met. Aditya Krishnaswamy, 22, who volunteers for AADM, says a silent protest during COVID “brings attention to the issue while not having to yell and spread germs.” This is the fourth protest held by AADM at the confederate monument on E Broad street this summer.
- PHOTOS: AADM rally lines Athens' Broad Street
- PHOTOS: Black Lives Matter signs around Athens
- PHOTOS: Athens' families attend sidewalk rally
- PHOTOS: Black Lives Matter rally meets opposition at Athens City Hall
- PHOTOS: AADM hosts yard sign pick-up
- PHOTOS: Downtown Athens Confederate monument dismantled overnight