The Georgia Department of Public Health's Northeast Health District opened an appointment-based COVID-19 testing and vaccination drive-thru site on Tuesday. The site is located at 355 Oneta Street.
This drive-thru site has separate lanes for testing and vaccinations, both of which require an appointment. Appointments for vaccines can be made by calling 706-340-0996 or visiting publichealthathens.com.
A COVID-19 vaccination appointment is "the hottest ticket in town,” James Majure said while directing traffic and screening cars entering the parking lot.
Right now, healthcare workers, individuals age 65 and older and first responders are eligible to receive the vaccine. This outdoor, drive-thru clinic hopes to be administering 1,500 doses of the vaccine each week.
As featured on
COVID-19 cases in Athens-Clarke County have been on an upward slope since Dec. 28, 2020, according to the Georgia Department of Public Health. The county saw a 55% increase in cases reported between the last week of December and cases reported last week.
A podcast exploring the week's top stories
- UGA Police Department arrests student on child pornography charges
- GBI arrests UGA employee on charges of child molestation
- Athens restaurant roundup: Amici has a new location, The Café on Lumpkin introduces brunch and more
- Former Athens residents land new Netflix show
- Athens demonstrators protest in response to demolition of historic neighborhood
- New UGA freshman dorm to be completed fall 2022
- Athens police blotter: Man sets fire at The Flats, woman sends known scammer $8k and more
- Piedmont Athens opens vaccination site for Piedmont patients, Oconee teachers
- UGA students discuss catcalling in Athens
- UGA students reflect on canceled spring break, instructional days
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- PHOTOS: Athens residents protest construction of new parking deck
- PHOTOS: The 'Hotdoggers' behind the wheel of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- PHOTOS: Piedmont opens mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic in Watkinsville
- WEEK IN PHOTOS: Parking deck protest, GymDogs season high and more
- PHOTOS: UGA GymDogs reach new season high with win against Kentucky
- PHOTOS: Opening day for 2021 season at Athens Farmers Market
- PHOTOS: How to make your own margarita this weekend
- PHOTOS: Inside a rehearsal of Athens Creative Theatre's 'Misery' performance
- PHOTOS: UGA baseball falls 7 - 4 to North Florida
- PHOTOS: Athens' Black entrepreneurs, artists gather for market event