On January 19, 2001, Tara Baker was murdered in Athens, Georgia.
20 years later, Baker's family and friends gathered at the UGA Law School, the last place Baker was seen, for a flower memorial service on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021.
Family and friends gathered on what would have been Baker's 44th birthday to wish Baker a happy birthday and honor her memory.
Classic City Crime podcast host Cameron Jay spoke alongside Baker's family members. Baker's family and friends continue to search for answers and fight for justice for Tara. To find out more and share relevant information, click here.
As featured on
University of Georgia law student Tara Louise Baker was murdered in Athens on the eve of her 24th birthday. Now 20 years later, Baker’s family and friends remain without an answer as to who killed.
A podcast exploring the week's top stories
- Athens police blotter: Woman steals gun, woman damages husband’s windshield and more
- Georgia governor announces expanded vaccine eligibility
- UGA SGA 2021 election: Bridge campaign sanctioned, Voice twice absolved
- UGA announces spring 2021 commencement in Sanford Stadium
- Athens restaurant roundup: Classic City Eats delays reopening, The Expat takes a break, The Rook & Pawn offers memberships and more
- OPINION: Food delivery apps are not saving Athens restaurants
- Athens low income and rural communities face challenging vaccine rollout
- Hundreds celebrate The Warehouse opening in Athens without masks or social distancing
- PHOTOS: Live music scene slowly returns among Athens-based bands
- Athens First African Methodist Episcopal Church builds community amid COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Athens artist Jennifer Nswonger-Morris shares large painting projects
- WEEK IN PHOTOS: Soccer wins at home, Lunar New Year festivities and more
- PHOTOS: Lay Community Center hosts Black History Month paint night
- PHOTOS: UGA equestrian seniors compete in final regular-season home meet
- PHOTOS: UGA men's basketball hosts South Carolina on senior day
- PHOTOS: Georgia soccer defeats Kennesaw State 2-1 at home
- PHOTOS: UGA Asian American Student Association hosts Lunars drive-in
- PHOTOS: UGA women's basketball falls to Kentucky 62-58
- PHOTOS: Art by Black artists on display in Athens
- PHOTOS: UGA baseball beats Evansville 4-1 in season-opening series