Following the University of Georgia's National Championship victory, quarterback Stetson Bennett put back on a headset Thursday afternoon. This time, it was to work a shift at Raising Cane's in Athens, Georgia.
This is the second year Bennett has celebrated winning a national championship with fans by signing autographs, taking selfies and placing their orders at the popular fast food chain on Baxter Street. Some fans waited in line for over two hours in hopes of meeting him.
During Bennett's visit, Todd Graves, Raising Cane's Founder and CEO, unveiled a custom-made portrait of the back-to-back national champion painted by Patrick Ganino.
Jessica Gratigny studies journalism and art at the University of Georgia. Since fall 2020, she has worked for The Red & Black as a contributing photographer, staff photographer, assistant photo editor, photo editor and currently, chief photographer.
As featured on
The University of Georgia will be hosting a parade and celebration ceremony honoring the Georgia Bulldogs second consecutive National Championship win and the team’s success in the 2022 season this Saturday.
- Stetson Bennett to visit Raising Cane’s in Athens
- Georgia safety Malaki Starks serves up ‘The Mala-Pie’ at Your Pie
- McConkey and Starks to appear at Academy Sports + Outdoors locations
- PHOTOS: Georgia vs. TCU at National Championship, celebration
- PHOTOS: Women's basketball vs. Ole Miss
- PHOTOS: National Championship parade celebrates victory in Athens
- PHOTOS: Georgia football players host meet and greets with fans