The Athens Farmers Market celebrated the beginning of their 2021 season with opening day on Saturday, March 6, 2021.
The market will operate every Saturday through Dec. 18, 2021 at Bishop Park from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
COVID-19 precautions remain in place, as masks are required and guests must use provided hand washing stations before entering the market. Additionally, buyers are not permitted to touch produce at farmers' stands. They must request items and have vendors grab produce and products on their behalf.
As featured on
A podcast exploring the week's top stories
- UGA Police Blotter: Student passed out in shower, disorderly conduct at parking deck and more
- Floor collapse at Athens house party injures 25
- UGA alumni launch e-newsletter for Gen X
- Oglethorpe County deputy arrested in Athens assault
- Target opens in downtown Athens
- Athens restaurant roundup: Classic City Eats is open in Watkinsville, Little Italy has new hours, Mannaweenta re-opens dining room and more
- Athens police blotter: Fight at Silver Dollar Bar, trespassing at Delta Tau Delta and more
- Athens police release online crime map
- UGA admissions officer says don’t focus on 39% acceptance rate
- UGA students react to MLB All-Star Game decision
- PHOTOS: 'Kitten season' arrives at Athens Area Humane Society
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather for 'Justice for Daunte' rally at Athens' City Hall
- PHOTOS: Georgia football's G-Day, first half
- PHOTOS: Athens' Indie South hosts monthly 'Abnormal Bazaar'
- BEST OF: G-Day 2021
- PHOTOS: Georgia football's G-Day, pregame
- PHOTOS: Red team beats Black team 28-23 on G-Day
- WEEK IN PHOTOS: G-Day 2021, UGA club eventing practice and more
- PHOTOS: UGA club eventing team gathers for a team cross country practice
- PHOTOS: Georgia baseball beats Georgia State 10-7