On Wednesday, April 7, 2021, The University of Georgia’s Caribbean Student Association (CaribSA) hosted a live virtual dance workshop titled Work and Whine. The workout-style class led by Sydney Dawson, Paige Orphé and Sydney Cederboom introduced viewers to the cultural significance of whining in the Caribbean region.
The International Street Festival is an annual event that has historically drawn an attendance of several thousand people to downtown Athens each spring. UGA student groups and local community organizations host performances, displays and more. This year, the event has taken place fully online and will run through Friday, April 9, 2021.
A podcast exploring the week's top stories
- Athens police blotter: Burger King employee steals credit card info, parking sign stolen and more
- Athens police make more arrests in UGA student’s hit-and-run death
- UGA students react to MLB All-Star Game decision
- Athens woman dies in car crash
- Former Sen. Kelly Loeffler discusses voter registration group with UGA College Republicans
- Free drive-in movie to show at Southeast Clarke Park
- Where to get a COVID-19 vaccine in Athens
- Athens police blotter: Fight at Toppers, woman attempts to shoplift from Belk and more
- Athens COVID cases, vaccinations increase
- Clarke Central students selected as UGA Foundation Fellows
- PHOTOS: College Republicans at UGA host Kelly Loeffler
- PHOTOS: UGA club eventing team gathers for a team cross country practice
- WEEK IN PHOTOS: Kelly Loeffler at College Republicans, 'Unite Against Asian Hate' rally and more
- PHOTOS: UGA's Indian Student Association hosts 'India Nite'
- PHOTOS: Athentic Brewing hosts weekly jazz night
- PHOTOS: UGA's Caribbean Student Association hosts virtual dance workshop with International Street Festival
- PHOTOS: Georgia baseball falls to Georgia Southern 2-1 at home
- PHOTOS: Weirdness parade makes its way through Athens
- PHOTOS: State Botanical Garden of Georgia hosts plant sale
- PHOTOS: Athens residents march in 'Unite Against Asian Hate' rally