Unlike vampires, these pirates want to use your blood for a purpose.

Lambda Phi Epsilon fraternity will sponsor "The Great Pirate Blood & Marrow Drive," inviting students to dress up, meet a Captain Jack Sparrow and watch the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies while giving blood.

"One of our brothers died because he needed bone marrow, so now it's our national philanthropy," said Michael Wen from Lawrenceville. "We're looking for minority donors because they are the hardest to find, and it's important to get a big pool of people," he said.

Students interested in donating bone marrow can sign up on a waiting list registry. Because donors and receivers must have the same bone marrow mass, the marrow will not be removed until a receiver is identified. Bone marrow is often used to help leukemia patients. Each year more than 30,000 people are diagnosed with leukemia.

"Not a lot of people know about bone marrow donation. It's very rare to find a match, but if there is one, that person can rely on you," Wen said.

The fraternity's goal is for 45 people to donate blood. The state's blood supply is under emergency need status, which means there is only one day of blood supply in hospitals.

The event is in the Memorial Hall Ballroom from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today. Donors must be 17 or older, weigh at least 110 lbs. and show a valid photo ID.