Athens-Clarke County Police arrested a University student on charges of DUI after an officer discovered him driving 16 mph over the speed limit on South Lumpkin Street Saturday at 2:18 a.m., according to a report.

When the officer turned on his lights, Ryan David Wilson, 21, reportedly slowed down but did not pull over even though “there were several opportunities for [him] to pull over to the left and right.” 

Wilson then reportedly “stopped in the middle of the road on a blind curve south of Rutherford.” 

The officer used his PA to tell Wilson to “keep going until finding a safe place to pull off the roadway.”

Wilson reportedly passed “several” more opportunities to pull over before finally stopping at the Golden Pantry at Five Points. 

But the officer “did not have the sense that [Wilson] was trying to elude [him], just that something else was going on with [him] that [the officer] would soon determine.” 

The officer noticed “a club wrist band on [Wilson’s] wrist” and that “his eyes were glassy and bloodshot,” according to the report. 

Wilson told the officer he had been at Jerzees Sports Bar & Night Club and had drank two beers at about 12:30 a.m. 

The officer placed Wilson under arrest after he performed a field sobriety test and blew a 0.139 in a breathalyzer test. 

Wilson also blew a 0.133 and 0.134 in two state breathalyzer tests before he was transported to Clarke County Jail. 

Wilson declined to comment about the incident to The Red & Black.