191110_JCA_VolleyballvsMISSOU_1475.jpg

Georgia head coach Tom Black speaks to Georgia middle blocker Kianna Young (17). The Georgia volleyball team lost to the University of Missouri Tigers 3-1 on Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019, in Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Julian Alexander, jalexander@randb.com)

The SEC released its revised conference volleyball schedule for the 2020 season. The Georgia volleyball team will open the fall campaign on Oct. 17 against South Carolina.

The SEC has created an eight-team, six-week schedule for each team in the conference. The conference-only schedule will include competition against only four other teams with back-to-back matchups on game weekends.

The opening weekend will feature two matchups against the Gamecocks at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Georgia. The Bulldogs will then travel to Knoxville, Tennessee for two midweek matchups against the Volunteers on Oct. 28 and 29. The final two opponents for Georgia will be Alabama at home and Florida in Gainesville, Florida.

The SEC has also set aside the week of Nov. 23-27 for makeup games. Teams will also be competing in a spring competition with details and scheduling to come.

Georgia will enter the 2020 season under head coach Tom Black. The Bulldogs finished 20-10 overall and 12-6 in SEC play last season.