helmet.jpg

A Georgia football player kneels with his helmet before a game against Tennessee at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2018. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Sedrick Van Pran, a four-star center from New Orleans, officially signed with Georgia on Feb. 5, choosing the Bulldogs over Alabama and Florida.

Despite committing back on Aug. 17, 2019, Van Pran kept his recruitment open and went on visits to Alabama, Florida and Georgia in January. The Bulldogs’ former offensive line coach Sam Pittman accepted the head coaching job at Arkansas on Dec. 8.

Van Pran is the sixth Bulldog to sign on Wednesday. Five-star offensive lineman Broderick Jones signed along with three-star offensive lineman Cameron Kinnie. Four-star running back Daijun Edwards, three-star wide receiver Ladd McConkey and three-star defensive back Daran Branch signed on national signing day. 

Van Pran is the No. 1 center in the country, the No. 3 player from Louisiana and the No. 54 recruit in the country per the 247Sports Composite. He’s one of the 15 four-star recruits that Georgia is adding to its roster next season.