Rankin M. Smith Academic Center

Resources like the Rankin M. Smith Academic Center are instrumental in helping student-athletes reach their academic goals.

After 287 University of Georgia student-athletes were named to the Georgia honor roll, more academic honors continued to roll in this past week.

A total of 79 Georgia student-athletes were named to the 2018-2019 First-Year Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll, according to SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey.

First year student-athletes in all sports were eligible to be named to the Honor Roll upon completion of their first full academic year — 2018-2019 — in residence.

Equestrian led the way with 15 nominations, while the women’s swimming and diving team was the next best with nine first-year athletes named. 

Sankey also announced that 80 student-athletes were named to the 2019 Spring SEC Academic Honor Roll for their outstanding performances in the classroom.

Baseball, golf, softball, tennis and track and field athletes were eligible for the spring honor roll. It is based on grades from 2018 summer, 2018 fall and 2019 spring terms.

Once again, the women’s track and field had the most athletes named with 20, but the baseball team was close behind with 17 student-athletes named.

Any student-athlete who participated in a SEC championship sport, had a grade point average of 3.00 or higher, and completed a minimum of 24 semester hours, was eligible for both nominations.

The full list of Georgia student-athletes named to the First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll can be found here, while the list of student-athletes on the Spring SEC Academic Honor Roll can be found here.