190101_rmw_sugarbowl_second_00001 copy.jpg

Georgia defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter (13) runs after Texas runningback Keaontay Ingram (26) during the 85th edition of the Allstate Sugarbowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

Former Georgia defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter, who went undrafted through all seven rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft, signed a deal with the Miami Dolphins hours after the draft concluded.

The 6-foot-4, 280-pound defensive lineman from Tucker, Georgia, should have a good chance at making Miami’s roster but is not guaranteed a roster spot. The Dolphins, in desperate need of a pass-rushing threat, have only three defensive ends currently listed on their roster.

The Dolphins will likely pursue options other than Ledbetter to better fill that hole. According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are in talks with outside linebacker and edge rusher Nick Perry, a free agent who spent his first seven years in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers.

Ledbetter finished his career at Georgia with 14.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks and had his best season in 2018 with 56 tackles, a sack and two forced fumbles. He was also named to the All-SEC second team. He won’t be the Dolphins’ savior on the defensive line, but the lack of depth should allow him to at least receive some playing time and provide good value for an undrafted free agent.

NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein said Ledbetter offers versatility because he can be a defensive end or a defensive tackle. The Dolphins will have at least a some star power on the interior of the defensive line after using its 2019 first-round pick on former Clemson defensive tackle Christian Wilkins.