Two Georgia freshmen football players were arrested on Wednesday morning for misdemeanor possession of marijuana.

Inside linebacker Natrez Patrick and defensive lineman Chauncey Rivers  arrested by UGA Police according to the Athens Clarke County offical bookings report. Patrick was booked at 2:23 a.m. and Rivers was booked at 2:44 a.m. Bond was $1,000 each for Patrick and Rivers.

Patrick has played in seven games this year for Georgia, mostly on special teams. He did not travel with the team for the Florida game. Rivers has played in only two games.

This is the first arrest of a UGA player since Shaq Jones was arrested in October 2014. Georgia has a mandatory one game suspension policy for a violation of its drug policy. 

Update: Patrick and Rivers have both posted bond. UGA announced the two have been suspended for the Kentucky game following the arrest. 

"They made a very poor decision and I'm extremely disappointed," Georgia head coach Mark Richt said. "They will be disciplined in an appropriate manner and hopefully have learned a valuable life lesson thatt will benefit them moving forward. 

drae

Although possession of marijuana is just a misdemeanor, their arrest could seriously jeopardize inside linebacker's Natrez Patrick and defensive lineman's Chauncey Rivers athletic career and could also end their sports scholarship. They're going to need one incredibly good lawyer like Louis J. Goodman, or that one who represented O.J. Simpson, to get a clean start with the UGA Police and even then their sports career might come to an abrupt end.