190505_jca_tennis_04.jpg

Katarina Jokic, a sophomore from Novi Grad, Bosnia, smiles over the team huddle before doubles play at a NCAA tournament match against Wake Forest University on May 5, 2019 at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex in Athens, Georgia. Georgia defeated Wake Forest 4-0 to progress to the round of 16. (Photo/Julian Alexander)

With the conclusion of the 2018-2019 all-sports calendar for the University of Georgia, it’s time to rank the most successful Bulldog teams from this past year.

1. Women’s Tennis

The Georgia women’s tennis team had one of its best seasons ever. The Bulldogs won the Intercollegiate Tennis Association National Team Indoor Championship, went undefeated for a record 23 matches and were runners-up at the NCAA Championships. Sophomore Katarina Jokic won ITA National Fall Singles Championship and was ranked as the No. 1 singles player for the majority of the season.

2. Equestrian

The Georgia equestrian team had a difficult road before making the NCEA Championship game. The Bulldogs faced top competition over the course of the year and were the No. 6 ranked team going into the final tournament. Georgia lost to top-ranked Auburn, but coming back to Athens as runners-up is no small feat.

3. Men’s Track & Field

A fourth place podium finish at the NCAA Outdoor Championships is a fantastic achievement. Couple that with impeccable performances from senior Denzel Comenentia and NCAA Decathlon Champion Johannes Erm throughout the grueling season, and the team is worthy of praise.

4. Football

Georgia football fell just short of the heights it achieved in 2017 but showed promise in Kirby Smart’s third season at the helm. The Bulldogs went 12-3 and were ranked in the top five for the majority of the year. A loss to Texas in the Allstate Sugar Bowl put them at No. 7 in the AP Poll at the end of the season.

5. Gymnastics

The Georgia gymnastics team advanced to the NCAA Championship Semifinals before losing to the University of Oklahoma in Courtney Kupets Carter’s second season as head coach. Oklahoma went on to win the NCAA Championship and the GymDogs finished the season ranked No. 8.

6. Baseball

Georgia baseball, for the second straight year, was eliminated at home in the NCAA Athens Regional. The loss doesn’t take away from an impressive season from the Bulldogs, who were the No. 4 overall seed going into the regional. The team finished with a 46-17 record and had eight players drafted in the 2019 MLB Draft.

7. Softball

Georgia softball had a similar outcome as baseball — losing in an NCAA Regional Final. Softball finished the season with a record of 42-19 and were the No. 21 ranked team, according to Softball America’s final rankings. Senior shortstop Alyssa DiCarlo was one of the premiere offensive players in the nation, hitting 23 home runs and 58 RBIs.

8. Men’s Swimming and Diving

The Georgia men’s swimming and diving team had a quality end to their season, finishing 18th at NCAA Championships with 86 points. The Bulldogs also had two standout individual performances from Camden Murphy and Javier Acevedo at the NCAA Championships.

9. Women’s Swimming and Diving

The Georgia women’s swimming and diving team also finished 18th at the NCAA Championships with 66 points. Freshman Olivia Carter had a standout season for the Bulldogs, placing  seventh in the 200 meter butterfly at the NCAA Championships and earned SEC Freshman Swimmer of the Year.

10. Men’s Golf

The Georgia men’s golf team was ranked No. 14 going into the NCAA Championships and finished 24th. The Bulldogs were led by Spencer Ralston and Trent Phillips, as the pair led the team in scoring averages for the season. Phillips, a freshman, finished eighth individually at the NCAA Championships and was named to the National All-Freshman team.