181201_ajw_sec_champ_first_half_0019.jpg

Georgia running back D’Andre Swift (7) runs at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, during the 2018 SEC Championship Game on Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018. The Georgia Bulldogs played against the Alabama Tide for the 2018 SEC Championship Game. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Everyone knows who the alpha dog of the Georgia running back room will be in 2019.

That distinction will fall on the shoulders of junior D’Andre Swift. The Philadelphia native ran for 1,049 yards and 10 touchdowns last year, all while being hampered early in the year with a groin injury.

Elijah Holyfield was the 1B to Swift’s 1A last season, running for 1,018 yards and seven touchdowns himself. With Holyfield now gone to the NFL, the second spot in the running back rotation is up for grabs.

It appears to be mainly a three-man race. There is Brian Herrien, a senior with a reputation for always running hard, and sophomore James Cook, who is more of a slashing speed back at 5-foot-11, 190 pounds. This duo combined for 579 yards and five touchdowns on 91 carries in 2018.

There is also redshirt freshman Zamir White, a freak of nature physical specimen who missed all of last season with a torn ACL. If he can return to anything close to his pre-injury form, he will surely be in the mix for a good share of carries as well.

Add to this trio incoming four-star freshman Kenny McIntosh, and the Bulldogs once again look deep at the running back position behind Swift. However, as spring practice gets set to begin, the question still remains who will emerge from the group to fill the void left by Holyfield.