Sepp Straka

Former Georgia golfer Sepp Straka is one of the first Austrian golfers to earn a PGA Tour card.

At the end of the final round of the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach Golf Links, Gary Woodland stood above the field at 13 under par. Aside from that, most of the former University of Georgia golfers still in the competition finished on a positive note.

26-year old Sepp Straka had an eye-opening start to his U.S. Open debut as he was tied for fifth at 3 under par on Thursday. After an unfortunate following two rounds, Straka got back onto track and finished tied for 24th at 1 under par. The rookie bogeyed on the first two holes, then responded with four birdies and an eagle on the 14th hole.

The 2018 Masters winner Patrick Reed made headlines on Friday after he snapped his wedge over his knee on the 18th hole. After finishing round three at 3 over par, Reed made up those shots on the final day and finished even and tied for 32nd.

Going into Sunday, Kevin Kisner was 5 over par and tied for 64th. Similar to Straka and Reed, the 35-year old had something to be pleased with leaving Pebble Beach after Sunday’s final round. Kisner was 2 under par for the day and finished tied for 49th at 3 over par.

Harris English, the late alternate addition to the field, had the least optimistic end to the U.S. Open compared to his fellow Bulldogs. After finishing Saturday at 3 over par, English was unable to make his way back to even and finished his U.S. Open run at 5 over par and tied for 58th place.