Jessica Drop

Georgia’s Jessica Drop during the Torrin Lawrence Memorial at Spec Towns Track in Athens, Ga. on Saturday, May 6, 2017. (Photo by Cory A. Cole)

Georgia junior Jessica Drop placed 77th at the 2018 NCAA Cross Country Championship at the Thomas Zimmer Course in Madison, Wisconsin, on Saturday.

Drop, a native of Durham, Connecticut, was not bothered by temperatures in the 30s as she crossed the finish line in 20:56.4 in the 255-woman field. Drop was the only Georgia runner to advance to the NCAA championship.

This race marked Drop’s fourth straight NCAA championship appearance including the 2017 and 2018 cross country and indoor track seasons. She was an All-American at each meet.

This was the second time this season that Drop ran the course. Drop traveled with her teammates to the pre-nationals meet and placed 11th with a time of 20:22.6.

Colorado senior Dani Jones was the winner of the championship after recording a time of 19:42.8 in the 6k race. Colorado ended up winning the women’s title with 65 points and New Mexico (103), Oregon (160), Michigan (213) and Stanford (232) made up the top five, respectively.

The Bulldogs will begin their 2018-2019 indoor campaign at Sharon Colyear-Danville Season Opener in Boston on December 1.