190302_ks_EquestrianvsSC_0017.jpg

Georgia junior Ali Tritschler soars over a fence aboard Snookie. University of Georgia equestrian hosted and defeated South Carolina by a final score of 13-7 in Bishop, Georgia on March 2, 2019. (Photo/Kathryn Skeean)

The Georgia equestrian team will will set out to defend its back-to-back title of Southeastern Conference champions in College Station, Texas, March 29-30th as a No. 2 seed.

Nationally, the eighth-ranked Bulldogs finished out their regular season competition with a 4-6 overall record and 3-3 in SEC action. They sit behind first-ranked Auburn and above third-ranked Texas A&M and fourth-ranked South Carolina.

Each SEC team meets home and away throughout the regular season which helps determine their final seeding for the SEC equestrian championships. The winning percentage of the six-meet conference regular season schedule is key in determining the rankings.

The Georgia equestrian team beat Texas A&M twice in the season, including its upset in College Station, and beat the Gamecocks on Senior Day at the UGA Equestrian Complex in Athens.

On Friday, March 29th the No. 2 and No. 3 seeds will face off in the morning at 9 a.m. CT. The No. 1 and No. 4 seed will follow in the afternoon session beginning at 1 p.m. CT. The two losing teams will meet in a consolation round on Saturday, March 30th at 9 a.m. while the two winners will compete in the finals to determine the SEC champion.