190101_rmw_sugarbowl_pregame_00011.jpg

Georgia football head coach Kirby Smart walks onto the field before the 85th edition of the Allstate Sugar Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

After defeating Auburn in the last two matchups on the field, Georgia won a massive recruiting battle with the Tigers on Wednesday.

George Pickens, a wide receiver recruit from Hoover High School in Hoover, Alabama, flipped his commitment from Auburn to Georgia on National Signing Day. Pickens had been committed to the Tigers since July 21, 2017.

View this post on Instagram

University of Georgia 23’

A post shared by GEORGE PICKENS .1 Φτö (@1.issue) on Feb 6, 2019 at 9:26am PST

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound receiver is rated as a five-star recruit and the number four-ranked receiver prospect in the country by the 247Sports Composite.

At least on paper, Pickens' addition seems to fill the hole left by the earlier decommitment and subsequent signing with Oklahoma by fellow five-star receiver and former Georgia commit Jadon Haselwood. 

Pickens is joined in Georgia's 2019 class by four-star receiver recruit Dominick Blaylock. With all the departures experienced by the Georgia receiving corps after last season, both Pickens and Blaylock will have a chance to earn immediate playing time in Athens.