181117_CRM_UGAvUMASS_0059.jpg

Kirby Smart, head football coach for the University of Georgia, claps before the University of Georgia vs. University of Massachusetts football game on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018, at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. The Georgia Bulldogs played the Massachusetts Minutemen for their eleventh game of the season. (Photo/Christina R. Matacotta, crmatacotta@gmail.com)

Ahead of Georgia’s final regular season game against Georgia Tech, head coach Kirby Smart updated the injury status of a variety of players.

Of most concern for the Bulldogs’ defense, linebacker Monty Rice is “probably not going to be available this week,” Smart said. Rice suffered a foot injury in warmups before the UMass game and was on crutches during the game.

Smart added he is hopeful to get Rice back at some point this season.

On the offensive line, three Bulldogs are dealing with injuries.

Ben Cleveland has been working back from a fractured left fibula, and he also suffered an ankle injury against Auburn. However, Smart said he’s still on track and working to get back to 100 percent after his injuries.

Trey Hill was pressed into duty against UMass, getting the start at right guard after Kendall Baker and Cade Mays were unable to play against the Minutemen.

Smart said he’s unsure if Mays will play Saturday against the Yellow Jackets, while Baker is “very doubtful.”