181110_rmw_uga_auburn_firsthalf_00029.jpg

Jake Fromm, a sophomore quarterback, throws the ball during the University of Georgia vs. Auburn University football game on Saturday, November 10, 2018, at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. The Bulldogs led the Tigers 20-10 at the half. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

After a loss to LSU, UGA won three consecutive games against ranked teams. These stats help explain the turnaround.

113 vs. 274.3

181110_ajw_uga_v_auburn_2nd_half_0001.jpg

University of Georgia running back D’Andre Swift runs during the second half of a game against Auburn University at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018. The Georgia Bulldogs won against the Tigers 27-10 for their tenth game of the season. The Georgia football team is now 9-1, and they play the Massachusetts Minutemen football team on Nov. 17, 2018. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

A mediocre 113-yard day on the ground in Baton Rouge gave way to a three-game stretch where Georgia averaged 274.3 rushing yards per contest. The last three run defenses Georgia faced don’t measure up to LSU, but they’re not incompetent. Auburn and Kentucky allow an average of 151 and 141 rushing yards per game, respectively. The Bulldogs ran for more than double those averages. An obvious factor in ratcheting up the run game? More carries. After 30 rushing attempts against LSU, Georgia has averaged 45.7 attempts per game since.

275 vs. 118.7

181027_ajw_ga_fla_second_half_0002.jpg

University of Georgia inside linebacker Natrez Patrick reaches for University of Florida running back Lamical Perine (22) during the second half of the Georgia-Florida game at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018. Following a bye week, Georgia defeated Florida by a score of 36-17 for their seventh win of the season. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

The run defense has tightened up since the Tigers ran rampant and racked up 275 rushing yards. The Bulldogs allowed an average of 118.7 rushing yards to Florida, Kentucky and Auburn. Arguably Georgia’s most impressive performance came on Nov. 3, when the Bulldogs held the SEC’s No. 2 rusher, Benny Snell Jr., to 73 yards. The run defense, once one of the greatest liabilities on the team, is slowly catching up with the pass defense.

47.1% vs. 68.8%

Quarterback Jake Fromm received much of the blame for Georgia’s loss to LSU and for good reason. The sophomore completed 47.1 percent of his passes against the Tigers. Since then, Fromm has posted a 68.8 completion percentage against three passing defenses which rank in the top 25 in the nation. On the road, at home and in a neutral site, Fromm has been sharp, making his performance at LSU look like a fluke.