170902_kmb_appstate_0004.jpg

Georgia offensive lineman Netori Johnson (72) hugs a teammate before an NCAA college football game between Georgia and Appalachian State in Athens, Ga., Saturday, Sept. 2, 2017. (Photo/Kristin M. Bradshaw, k@kristinmbradshaw.com)

Georgia football held its second open practice of the week Tuesday. Here are some observations from The Red & Black.

Offense

Redshirt sophomore Ben Cleveland was seen at practice again working at right guard. He was working with the second-team during the media viewing period. Cleveland suffered a fractured left fibula on Sept. 29 against Missouri.

The tight ends worked on blocking against the pad, which was held by another tight end. Isaac Nauta and Charlie Woerner took first reps in the drill.

Offensive coordinator and tight ends coach Jim Chaney yelled at the tight ends during the media period, reminding them of the strength of Kentucky’s defense that they would face in Georgia’s upcoming matchup this weekend.

Defense

Defensive lineman David Marshall and Daquan Hawkins-Muckle were both not seen at practice again during the viewing period on Tuesday. Marshall has been out with a foot injury since Georgia’s game against Vanderbilt, and Hawkins-Muckle has been out for several weeks with an undisclosed injury.

Redshirt freshman Netori Johnson was back for the second day working with the defensive line during the viewing period. Johnson is listed on the team roster as an offensive lineman. The defensive line worked on blocking against the sled, which he took part in.

The linebackers focused on blocking against a pad during the media period. Brenton Cox, Robert Beal and Walter Grant took reps hitting against the pad. Inside linebackers worked on a drill in which they started out under the cage and hitting the sled to work on blocking. Monty Rice and Juwan Taylor participated in the drill.