171202_CLS_SEC_Championship_FirstHalf_0094.jpg

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm (11) prepares to make a touchdown pass that was then called back during the first half of the SEC Championship game between the #2 Auburn Tigers and the #6 Georgia Bulldogs in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017. (Photo/Casey Sykes, www.caseysykes.com)

The Georgia football team held a practice on Monday. Here are some observations as made by The Red & Black during the media viewing time.

Main takeaways

Senior running back Sony Michel appeared to be practicing fully during the media viewing period of practice. He missed the end of the SEC championship game with an injury to his left knee.

Junior receiver Jayson Stanley was also practicing with the receivers. Stanley was arrested in the hours following the SEC championship game for driving under the influence of drugs and misdemeanor possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

Junior linebacker Natrez Patrick, who was in the car with Stanley and was arrested for possession of marijuana, was practicing as normal with the linebackers.

His charges were subsequently dropped and Smart said the team is “following our policies without any exceptions, and without regard to the players involved or where we are in the season.”

Senior defensive lineman John Atkins, who injured his toe in the SEC championship was at practice, showing no signs of limitations.

Senior defensive back Malkom Parrish missed the SEC championship with an undisclosed injury. Head coach Kirby Smart said he hasn’t been able to practice much, but he was seen at practice on Monday with the rest of the defensive backs.

Other notes:

Offensive line coach Sam Pittman was not happy with his unit’s effort during the portion of practice open to the media. After one particularly unsatisfactory rep, Pittman threatened the linemen with running the whole practice if their effort did not improve.

The linebackers used a drill where they broke to the outside, covering a man and batting down a pass thrown his way in preparation for Oklahoma’s passing attack.