170805_JF_fandaypractice2017_0014.jpg

Quarterback Jacob Eason practices with the University of Georgia Football team before Fan Day in Athens, Ga. Aug 5th, 2017 (Photo/Justin Fountain, justingf@uga.edu)

The Georgia football team held a practice on Wednesday. Here are some observations as made by The Red & Black during the media viewing time.

Jacob Eason was practicing once again on Wednesday. As the quarterbacks threw different routes to the wide receivers, Eason took reps behind Jake Fromm and Brice Ramsey.

Running back Sony Michel and receiver Michael Chigbu were also practicing as full participants during the portion of practice open to the media.

Rashad Roundtree was seen practicing normally with the defensive backs, although he was wearing a black jersey, which typically signifies non-contact. The junior has been limited in practice so far this season, going through concussion protocol, head coach Kirby Smart said at a press conference on Monday. 

In 2016, Roundtree saw action in 12 games, making six tackles on the year.

Other notes:  

- Senior Malkom Parrish was seen practicing for the third straight day. The cornerback has not seen any playing time so far this season due to a broken foot. Head coach Kirby Smart has not said whether or not Parrish is expected to play Saturday against Mississippi State. 

- The offense spent the first part of the media viewing period practicing its “Wildcat” package. Mecole Hardman served as the primary quarterback, and Sony Michel and Brian Herrien both took a rep aligned beside Hardman in the backfield. On one play, Hardman was flanked by both Nick Chubb and D’Andre Swift.

- As the offense ran through some of these plays, Kirby Smart took the opportunity to correct the footwork of a couple of his defensive linemen.

-The starting offensive line remained the same, consisting of Isaiah Wynn (left tackle), Kendall Baker (left guard), Lamont Gaillard (center), Solomon Kindley (right guard) and Andrew Thomas (right tackle).