180804_ajw_uga_fan_day_sanford_0003.jpg

University of Georgia wide receiver Demetris Robertson (16) runs to catch a pass during an open practice for Fan Day at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, August 4, 2018.

Georgia football held its third open practice of the week ahead of its matchup with Massachusetts on Saturday, with seven minutes of practice open to the media. Here are some observations from The Red & Black:

Offense

Redshirt sophomore wide receiver Demetris Robertson was seen practicing for the first time in several weeks after he was recovering from an undisclosed injury.

The offensive line didn’t change much from yesterday other than Trey Hill taking reps with the first team at right guard.

The other first team players included redshirt freshman Isaiah Wilson at right tackle, senior Lamont Gaillard at center, redshirt sophomore Solomon Kindley at left guard and sophomore Andrew Thomas at left tackle.

Defense

The defensive backs started off in an open-field tackling drill working against the wide receivers. Of the few that went first included redshirt freshman Eric Stokes and freshman Tyson Campbell, as well as the usual starters in sophomore Richard LeCounte, junior J.R. Reed and senior Deandre Baker.

The inside linebackers worked on one-on-one tackling drills and senior Juwan Taylor, junior Tae Crowder and sophomore Monty Rice went first, followed by senior Natrez Patrick to complete the usual linebacker rotation.

The defensive line was taking a water break during the media viewing period.