180108_CLS_NationalChampionship_PreGame&FirstHalf_27.jpg

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm (11) makes a big run during the first half of the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship game between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Georgia Bulldogs in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018. (Photo/Casey Sykes, www.caseysykes.com)

This season's SEC championship game will be a rematch of last season's national title game, as Georgia and Alabama each won their respective divisions Nov. 3.

The Bulldogs clinched the SEC East for the second consecutive year with a 34-17 win over Kentucky on Nov. 3. The Crimson Tide punched their ticket to the SEC title game after defeating LSU 29-0 to win the SEC West title the same day. 

The 2018 SEC Championship will be played Dec. 1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. The game will kick off at 4 p.m. and will be televised by CBS. Last year, Georgia defeated Auburn 28-7 to win its first SEC title since 2005. 

Georgia and Alabama are used to playing each other in big-time games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The two teams played there in the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship. Alabama won 26-23 in overtime

Alabama enters the game undefeated and ranked the No. 1 team in the country. Georgia enters the game with an 11-1 record and a No. 4 ranking. The winner of the game will essentially guarantee a spot in the College Football Playoff with a chance to play for a national championship.