helmet.jpg

A Georgia football player kneels with his helmet before a game against Tennessee at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2018. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Georgia already lost two tight ends in 2019, but the Bulldogs picked up another one to help fill the void on National Signing Day Feb. 6.

Three-star tight end Brett Seither committed to Georgia on Wednesday, choosing the Bulldogs over Alabama. Seither, who is 6 feet 5 inches and weighs 228 pounds, attends Clearwater Central Catholic High School in Clearwater, Florida.

Seither had an exceptional senior season in 2018, collecting 42 catches for 630 yards and six touchdowns. He is ranked the No. 34 tight end in the 2019 class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Seither could have the opportunity to get early playing time at Georgia, as the Bulldogs’ tight end room thinned with the loss of both freshman Luke Ford and junior Isaac Nauta since the end of the 2018 season. Ford announced on Jan. 4 that he would return to his home state and transfer to Illinois. On the same day, Nauta announced his declaration for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Seither joins fellow tight end Ryland Goede, a four-star early enrollee, in Georgia’s 2019 signing class.