171028_kmb_gafl_0004.jpg

Georgia wide receiver Mecole Hardman (4) runs the ball during a college football game between the University of Georgia and the University of Florida in Jacksonville, Florida, on Saturday, October 28, 2017. (Photo/Kristin M. Bradshaw)

Before No. 7 Georgia faces the Florida Gators in Jacksonville, Florida, Saturday, catch up on a few of the most important stories to come out of football practice this week.

Return of College GameDay

ESPN’s weekly college football show, College GameDay, announced it will return to Jacksonville this Saturday for the first time since 2005, as both No. 7 Georgia and No. 9 Florida battle to gain a foothold in the SEC East and remain in playoff contention.

The game is a clash between two AP top 10 teams for the first time since 2008, when No. 5 Florida defeated No. 8 Georgia 49-10 to hand the Bulldogs their second loss of the season.

Another chance to improve run defense

LSU rushed for 275 yards against Georgia on Oct. 13, marking the first time that Georgia was out gained on the ground this season. Following the bye week, Georgia’s front seven will have a second chance to display how they stack up against elite SEC offensive linemen when the Bulldogs face Florida on Saturday.

Florida has found success running the ball under its new head coach in Dan Mullen, as both Lamical Perine and Jordan Scarlett each have over 370 yards rushing heading into week nine. Georgia head coach Kirby Smart explained on Oct. 22 that the Bulldogs devoted heavy attention to run defense during the bye week practices, and he doubled down on the importance it will play in the matchup against the Gators.

“This game has been decided by the team, for many years, that ran the ball better, the team that controlled the line of scrimmage,” Smart said. “And we have to do a good job of building a wall up front. We can’t have second-level players having to make a bunch of tackles.”

D’Andre Swift back in action, Ben Cleveland and David Marshall still out

Smart announced on Oct. 22 that Georgia running back D’Andre Swift will be available to play this weekend after he received treatment for an ankle contusion during the bye week. Swift did not miss any games with the injury, and he was seen practicing throughout the week.

Ben Cleveland and David Marshall, however, are still recovering from injuries sustained earlier in the season and will not be available in Jacksonville.

Cleveland, Georgia’s right guard, suffered a left fibula fracture against Missouri and has just recently become more active in his rehab efforts. Marshall suffered a foot injury against Vanderbilt and is still unavailable for the time being.

Plan for quarterbacks remains unchanged

Sophomore quarterback Jake Fromm struggled in Georgia’s loss to LSU on Oct. 13, and he made the kinds of mistakes that he largely avoided as a true freshman last season. Calls for freshman Justin Fields to take over the position rang loudly from some corners of the Georgia fan base, however Smart made it clear on Monday that he would not hear their pleas.

“The world we live in, we have to look at the field, we have to look at practice, we’ve got to look at what’s best for our team,” Smart said. “I’m not going to be influenced by outside forces on who to play or what to do.”

Smart said that the plan for who he would start at quarterback is the same as it is every week, and it will depend heavily on who performs better in practice.

Fromm has started every game for the Bulldogs thus far, and Fields has primarily been used as a runner instead of a passer when he has seen playing time. With so much at stake against Florida, any drastic change would be surprising.