180915_ajw_uga_vs_mtsu_first_half_0010.jpg

Deandre Baker, a senior defensive back from Miami, Florida, intercepts the ball during the University of Georgia vs. Middle Tennessee University football game on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018, at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia. 

About a month and a half after his name was called by commissioner Roger Goodell in the first round of the NFL Draft, DeAndre Baker signed his rookie contract with the New York Giants on Friday.

The defensive back appeared in 51 games for Georgia throughout his four-year career and ended his career with stellar senior campaign.

The 5-foot-11, 189 pound native of Miami, Florida, earned multiple awards during his final year as a Bulldog including: The Jim Thorpe Award for the best defensive back in the nation, First Team All-American and First Team All-SEC.

Baker ending his career with 116 total tackles, seven interceptions, two forced fumbles and one sack as he turned into a defensive mainstay in his sophomore year with the Bulldogs.

According to the New York Post, Baker’s deal is expected to be worth about $10.5 million across four years.