20180414-IMG_3105.jpg

Jillian Hollis examines the green and prepares to putt at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic in Athens, Georgia, on April 14, 2018. (Photo/Ryan Cameron rac86114@uga.edu)

Former Georgia golfer Jillian Hollis won the Symetra Tour’s Forsyth Classic presented by the Decatur Park District on Sunday. She finished at 13-under 203, earning her a to a two-shot victory at Hickory Point Golf Club in Decatur, Illinois.

Hollis carded rounds of 67, 66 and 70 to earn her second win of the season. The win was her fifth top-10 finish in nine tournaments this season.

For Sunday’s victory, Hollis earned $30,000 and moved to the top of the tour’s money list. At the end of 2019, the top-10 finishers on the Symetra Tour’s “Volvik Race For The Card” graduate to the LPGA for 2020.

Hollis was second on the leaderboard after Friday’s opening round and did not tee off until Saturday afternoon due to a weather delay. She entered the final round tied for first with former Auburn golfer Cydney Clanton, who shot 73 on Sunday and slipped to third.

A year ago, after finishing her Georgia career with a third-straight All-American campaign, Hollis made her Symetra Tour debut at the Forsyth Classic. She finished tied at the top of the leaderboard last summer in Decatur, but she lost on the fourth hole of a playoff for the individual title.

“This course is very similar to my golf course at home and the courses I play at home, so to get to play here and finally win after four playoff holes last year…that’s just experience,” Hollis said. “Just having that and believing in myself and knowing that I could do it.”

In addition to the win for Hollis, former Bulldogs Bailey Tardy and Harang Lee tied for 10th at 8-under 208 and tied for 28th at 2-under 212, respectively.

Hollis has won $84,300 this year, nearly $9,000 more than any other Symetra Tour golfer. Leona Maguire, former National Player of the Year at Duke, is second with $75,600