180908_rmw_ugavscar_22.jpg

University of Georgia players Brenton Cox (1) and Juwan Taylor (44) tackle University of South Carolina running back Rico Dowdle (5) during a game between the University of Georgia and the University of South Carolina at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, South Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018.

Former Georgia outside linebacker Brenton Cox has transferred to Florida.

Cox was reportedly dismissed from the Bulldogs on Aug. 5 for undisclosed reasons. Georgia never officially stated that Cox was no longer with the team.

The 6-foot-4, 245-pound sophomore was arrested on April 2, 2019 for marijuana possession along with Georgia redshirt sophomore linebacker Robert Beal. Six Georgia football players faced charges during the spring. 

A former five-star prospect, Cox is listed on Florida's roster and will wear No. 6.

Cox competed in 13 games and recorded 20 total tackles and one sack as a freshman last season at Georgia. The 247Sports Composite ranked him as the No. 23 overall player and the No. 5 player in the state of Georgia in the class of 2018.

He started in the Bulldogs' 28-21 loss to Texas in the Sugar Bowl.