Women's basketball vs Auburn

The team cheers the players on during an NCAA college basketball game between Georgia and Auburn, Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016, in Athens, GA. (Photo/Chase Shy)

Angel Robinson, a member of Georgia's women's basketball team from 2007-2010, signed with the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury on Monday.

Robinson was originally drafted in the 2010 WNBA Draft by the Los Angeles Sparks with the No. 20 overall pick. She played with the Seattle Storm for the 2014 season and has also played in Spain, Montenegro and Turkey.

The Marietta native spent last season playing in Turkey. In Turkish League competition, she averaged 8.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. In the EuroCup, she put up 9.2 points and 7.7 rebounds per game while appearing in 18 contests. 

At the end of her time at Georgia, Robinson was one of the most decorated forwards in team history, ranking fourth all-time in blocks and fifth in rebounds. She was the 31st Bulldog to reach 1,000 points in her career and ranked 25th in all-time Georgia scoring at the end of her career.