After another day of the MLB draft, four more Georgia baseball players were selected, bringing the total to eight Bulldogs drafted through 40 rounds.

Zac Kristofak

The Los Angeles Angels selected Kristofak in the 14th round with the 421st overall pick. This season, Kristofak went 5-0 with a 3.80 ERA and six saves in his 24 appearances. In his 47.1 innings, he registered 63 strikeouts and only 15 walks. In Southeastern Conference play this year, he went 2-0 with a 4.97 ERA and five saves. Through the entirety of his Georgia career, Kristofak is 12-3 with a 4.29 ERA and 12 saves in 81 appearances including three starts with 159 strikeouts in 134.1 innings.

Kristofak was part of a staff that set school records for most strikeouts with 601 and lowest opponent batting average, .200. The staff also posted the second-best ERA in school history, 3.24, and allowed the second fewest runs with 235.

Kristofak is the first Bulldog drafted by the Angels since 2012 when they selected pitcher Bo Tucker. Currently, first baseman/pitcher Jared Walsh, who played for the Bulldogs from 2012-15, is with the Angels and made his MLB debut last month.

Cam Shepherd

The Tampa Bay Rays selected Shepherd in the 20th round with the 608th overall pick. For the past three seasons, Shepherd has started every game at shortstop; in those 180 games he has posted a .972 fielding percentage.

Shepard set a school record for the shortstop position with a .987 fielding percentage in the 2019 season. He did not make an error in 30 Southeastern Conference games and was named to the SEC All-Defensive Team. At the plate in 2019, Shepherd batted .231 with 13 doubles, eight home runs and 31 RBI. Shepherd was part of a defense that set a school record with a .980 fielding percentage, and he is a member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll.

Shepherd is the first Bulldog drafted by the Rays since Andrew Gist in 2017.

Tucker Maxwell

The Philadelphia Phillies selected Maxwell in the 22nd round with the 660th overall pick. Maxwell posted his best offensive year, hitting .251 with 13 home runs, 29 RBI and 21 stolen bases in 55 games. Maxwell also had 52 starts. Over the course of his Georgia career, Maxwell has played in 164 games with 140 starts. He has maintained a .214 career batting average with 21 home runs and 74 RBI, and he is 37-for-45 in stolen base attempts. He has a career .982 fielding percentage in centerfield.

Maxwell made the NCAA Athens Regional All-Tournament Team after batting .500 (8-for-16) with two doubles, three home runs and eight RBI in four games.

Maxwell is the first Bulldog drafted by the Phillies since 1995 when they selected centerfielder Todd Crane.

Riley King

The Atlanta Braves selected King in the 26th round with the 787th overall pick. King excelled in his first season as a regular at Georgia; he was redshirted in 2017 and saw little playing time in 2018. He started all 63 games and hit .295 with eight home runs and 43 RBI. King started 35 games in right field, 25 in left field and three at third base, and he played innings at shortstop and second base. The Braves drafted King as a third baseman.

In 2019, King ranked second on the team with 25 multiple-hit games. He is a member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll.

King is the first Bulldog drafted by the Braves since 2015 when pitchers Ryan Lawlor and Sean McLaughlin were selected.