181124_rmw_uga_gt_firsthalf_00056.jpg

Kirby Smart, head coach of the Georgia football team, fist bumps a player during the Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game on Saturday, November 24, 2018, in Athens, Georgia. The Bulldogs were leading the Yellow Jackets 38-7 at the half. (Photo/Rebecca Wright)

The Georgia football program's next recruiting class has received a notable boost.

On Sunday, four-star quarterback Carson Beck announced his commitment to the Bulldogs through his Twitter account. The 6-foot-4 passer from Jacksonville, Florida, is the 62nd-ranked overall prospect in the Class of 2020, according to the 247Sports Composite. 

He is the first quarterback to commit to Georgia in the 2020 class and the fifth commitment for head coach Kirby Smart overall. Beck is the third-ranked pro-style quarterback in the nation and the seventh-best prospect from the state of Florida.

Beck's pledge helps solidify the future of the Georgia quarterback room. Junior starter Jake Fromm could potentially be a high draft pick in the 2020 NFL Draft and could forego his final season of eligibility should he choose to do so.

Should he go on to sign with the Bulldogs, Beck would join early enrollee Dwan Mathis, a four-star prospect in the 2019 class, and Stetson Bennett, a former Georgia walk-on and junior college transfer, as passers slated to play for Georgia beyond the end of the Fromm era.