180101_kmb_secondhalf_0019.jpg

Georgia tailback Sony Michel (1) runs the ball to score the game winning touchdown during the second over time of the College Football Playoff Semifinals between the University of Georgia Bulldogs and the University of Oklahoma Sooners at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, California, on Monday, January 1, 2018. (Photo/Kristin M. Bradshaw, kristinmbradshaw.com)

Georgia announced a home-and-home football series with Oklahoma in 2023 and 2031 on Monday.

The Bulldogs plan to travel to Norman, Oklahoma, on Sept. 9, 2023, before hosting the Sooners in Athens on Sept. 13, 2031.

The SEC and Big 12 powerhouses met for the first and only time on Jan. 1, 2018, at the Rose Bowl game in Pasadena, California, where Georgia escaped with a 54-48 double-overtime victory to advance to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship.

“We look forward to building on what was a great matchup in the Rose Bowl,” head coach Kirby Smart said. “Oklahoma and Georgia are two of the biggest name brands in college football and these will be great games in Norman and Athens.”

Georgia has already planned five home-and-home series with four other Power 5 non-conference opponents. Two are scheduled with Clemson in 2029, 2030, 2032 and 2033, while one series is planned with Texas (2028 and 2029), UCLA (2025 and 2026) and Florida State (2027 and 2028).

“It will be a great intersectional game that I’m sure will excite the fan bases of both institutions,” athletic director Greg McGarity said. “In addition, playing the Sooners certainly adds to our continuing efforts at scheduling quality opponents outside the SEC.”